8.04.2007

Somebody hand me the rust bucket

Got some more work done this weekend. I was able to get the front hood, wings, and all the doors off. It wouldn't have been so bad if the fender bolts weren't all rusted on and/or caked with undercoating. The body panels are in pretty good shape. There are some electrolysis areas on the aluminum and obviously some rust issues in the usual spots. I'm definitely going to have to do some major repairs to the bulkhead, new door pillars, new footwells, along with reworking the transmission tunnel to accommodate the new NV4500 trans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hole-E-Rust! Some of that looks pretty bad. Don't you just love the stuff. The dart had some pretty bad quarter pannels back in HS, much like you found.

Did I mention that we cut my car in half to get rid of it all. Sorry, I'll quit scaring you :)

Nice work.